About Group Visits
- Is advance booking or notification on the day necessary for a group visit?
- It is not necessary. Please come to the reception and inform them of the number of people in your group. Byodoin Temple is open 365 days a year except in the event of unforeseeable occurrences such as natural disasters.
- Is parking available for large vehicles and coaches?
- Byodoin Temple does not provide parking. Please contact the Uji Car Park across from the South Gate.
Uji Car Park
- Will teachers who lead a school trip need to pay the admission fee?
- Teachers who lead a school trip, a photographer, or other related people are not required to pay an admission fee.
However, everyone must pay to enter the interior of Phoenix Hall (Hou-ou-do).
- Are teachers who visit the temple for a preview of a school trip required to pay the admission fee?
- Yes. We charge the general admission fee for the preview of a school trip visit.
- Some members of the group have a physical disability certificate. Can they receive an entry discount?
- Yes. The person who has the physical disability certificate and one accompanying person will receive 50% off the group admission fee. No advance application is necessary. Please show the physical disability certificate (original; photocopy is not accepted) at the entrance on the day of the visit.